Our in situ talks are kicking off in late June 2021. Have a look below what's on! Most events are ticketed, but all tickets are free! Once you claimed your free ticket, you will receive an email with the Zoom link for online events and with further details for in-person events. If you have any issues or further questions regarding accessibility, you can contact us directly. Tickets will become available once dates have been finalised. We hope to see you at one of our events soon!
In line with government guidance there will be no cap on attendance of outdoor events. We ask all participants to observe social distancing. We encourage people to wear face masks in situations where a minimum distance of 1m can't be kept and during indoor events.
- Sun, 08 AugKingswear
- Mon, 09 AugWembury
- Sat, 14 AugReculver14 Aug, 10:00Reculver, 6SU, Reculver Ln, Reculver, Herne Bay CT6 6SU, UKJoin us for a celebration of the beautiful wildlife on the Kent Coast. Come along to this free event with our partners BirdWise East Kent, Anna Outdoors and Savvy Sea Dogs for a day full of birds, rock pooling and well-trained dogs (bring your own).
- Sat, 14 AugPortbury14 Aug, 11:00Portbury, Wharf Ln, Portbury, Portishead, Bristol BS20 7TD, UKJoin us for an exciting day out on the Portbury Wharf salt marsh. Find out who lives here (below and above ground), what the underlying geology is like, build a mud monster, draw saltmarsh plants with local artists and find out what role the marshes can play in climate change mitigation.
- Sat, 14 AugBerwick-upon-Tweed14 Aug, 14:00Berwick-upon-Tweed, Berwick-upon-Tweed TD15, UKJoin marine biologist Moray Swanson on a walk around the coast at Berwick and learn more about microplastics in the marine environment. Then take action and do a beach clean and litter survey to analyse what types of plastics are most common around this patch of the coastline.
- Sun, 15 AugWest Bay15 Aug, 12:00West Bay, West Bay, UKCoastal ecosystems are under increasing threat from over-fishing, pollution and climate change. Fortunately, the Lyme Bay marine protected area demonstrates a number of success stories where local communities are being empowered to manage, protect their coastal environment.
- Sun, 22 AugRobin Hood's Bay22 Aug, 13:00Robin Hood's Bay, Robin Hood's Bay, Whitby YO22, UKJoin marine scientist Scott Gudrich and artist Heather Burton, much of whose work is inspired by the dramatic coastlines and countryside of Yorkshire, northern England and Scotland, as they explore the art&science of our coastal land- and seascapes.
- Thu, 26 AugSomerset
- Sat, 28 AugCleethorpes28 Aug, 14:00 – 16:00Cleethorpes, Cleethorpes, UKFind out about our fragile dune ecosystems, what they do for us and what we can do to help them thrive. On August 28, join our walker-talker Biff on a guided walk through the dunes and marshes adjacent to Cleethorpes' beach promenade. The walk commences at 2pm and will last approximately until 4pm.
- Sat, 16 OctCley next the Sea
- Time is TBDExceat